Monday, January 17, 2011

Ten Track Party - Meg

a much cooler "10" image


I am by no stretch of the word as good at writing about music as Marlon is so I wont even try. But here are my top 10, a youtube link (where possible) and a BRIEF description.

note: apologies for the fact that most of these clips are crappy. it's fine though, you're meant to listen. not watch.



1) Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You

I did a post on a cover of this song a few days ago so you can listen there... and read my sentiments.


2) Incubus - Echo

I've loved this song since I was 15. Think I always will.





3) Elton John - Your Song

Don't laugh. 






4) Regina Spektor - Sampson

Just beautiful.





5) Queen - Somebody to love

I am totally bejizzed over Queen. Actually, just Freddy.




6) Kings of Leon - King of the Rodeo

For reasons we wont go into right now, Marlon despises the Kings of Leon. I, on the other hand quite like them. Especially this song. It takes me straight back to when Marlon and I first met. "take off your overcoat, you're staying for the weekend" 





7) The Clash - London Calling

Love the "Fuck you" spirit




8) The Smiths - There is a light that never goes out

Morrissey. What else can I say?





9) Kanye West - Blame Game (feat. John Legend)

(sorry, no clip)


10) Santogold - Creator

 For some reason it makes me feel quite hard core. I quite like that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment